This is your round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
Monday 21st September – Friday 25th September 2020
• Bonita Jacqueline Bouchere, 50, of Fitzroy Street in Sandown, pleaded guilty to causing harassment, alarm or distress. She was handed a 6 month conditional discharge and ordered to pay costs of £85 with a £22 surcharge.
• Clive Stewart Richardson, 46, of East Hill Road in Ryde, admitted driving whilst disqualified. He was handed 6 points on his licence, fined £300 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Simon William Dalley, 31, of Stainers Close in Ryde, admitted 3 charges of assault by beating. He was ordered to pay £150 compensation and complete 26 rehabilitation days. He must also pay a surcharge of £95. Dalley also admitted possession of a small amount of cannabis.
Serpately, Dalley admitted being drunk and disorderly in a public place. He was fined £50.
• Kerry Joanne Tarran, 38, of Spring Hill in Ventnor, pleaded guilty to assaulting a police constable. She was fined £61, ordered to pay £50 compensation, court costs of £35 and a surcharge of £34.
• Jason John Luciano Andrew, 23, of High Street, Brading, pleaded guilty to assault by beating and theft. He was ordered to complete 10 rehabilitation days, fined £40 and costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge.
• Martin Challis, 67, of Allotment Road in Niton, was found guilty of assault by beating and causing harassment, alarm or distress. He was fined £816, ordered to pay £250 compensation with costs of £620 and a surcharge of £82.
• Kai Wells, 22, of Northdown Hill, Broadstairs in Kent, pleaded guilty to drink driving. He was disqualified from driving for 25 months, fined £350 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Kieran James Thompson, 25, of High Park Square in Ryde, admitted assault by beating. He was ordered to complete 25 rehabilitation days with 120 hours of unpaid work, as well as being given a restraining order. Her must also pay costs of £150 with a £95 surcharge.
• James Simon Birchenough, 31, of Osborne Road in East Cowes, pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention (x2) and failing to stop for Police (x2). He was disqualified for 12 months, fined £108 and ordered to pay £50 costs with a £32 surcharge.
• Koreen Donna Jones, 36, of Portland Street in Newport, was ordered to pay £120 compensation for stealing goods from Tesco Ryde. Seperately, she was ordered to pay £107.20 compensation for stealing a table, food and drink from Sainsburys.
Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.