Emergency services were called to the scene next to The Sloop pub at around 13:40 following reports of a fire within a residential property.
A total of 4 appliances are now on scene and are working to extinguish the fire.
The Isle of Wight Ambulance Service and Police are also in attendance.
UPDATE @ 14:30 – A dog has been rescued from the property by firefighters, who forced entry into the home.
A total of 4 breathing apparatus and 2 hose reels have been used to extinguish the fire on the first floor and a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan is being used to ventilate smoke from the building.
Whilst the fire damage is said to be localised, the entire first floor has been effected by smoke.
Thankfully, no one was inside the property at the time of the incident and the family pet has escaped any injury.
The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service would like to remind homeowners to switch off any appliances and electrical items when not in use, especially when leaving the house. Shutting doors can also help prevent the extent of any damage in the event of the fire.
The incident has been brought to a close and crews have now left the scene.