COOKING FUMES LEAD TO FIRE FEARS AT CHILDREN’S WARD

Published at:

Cooking fumes led to a fire alarm activation at St Mary’s Hospital in Newport during the early hours of this morning (Tuesday), prompting fears of a fire in the children’s ward.

3 fire engines from Newport, Cowes and East Cowes were mobilised to the hospital at 00:15, alongside an Aerial Ladder Platform from Newport.

It was swiftly confirmed that the automatic fire alarm had been activated as a result of cooking.

Article continues below this advertisement

The children’s ward, situated in the north end of the hospital, was given the all clear and the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service stood down.Alarm caused by cooking fumes, crews stood down and returned to home station.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"
Football Betting Site Betway
 

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets