Breaking News

2 MEN SUFFER ELECTRIC SHOCK AT CARAVAN PARK

Isle of Wight Fire & Rescue LogoUPDATED: 2 men have been rushed to hospital this afternoon (Wednesday) after suffering an electric shock at a caravan park in Sandown.

Emergency services, including the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service, were called to Fairway Holiday Park on Perowne Way at around 15:00 after a man suffered a electric shock, causing serious burns to his hand.

A second man also received a partial shock whilst trying to rescue the other.

Article continues below this advertisement

2 fire appliances from Ryde and Shanklin, paramedics and Police all responded to the incident, with ambulance crews then rushing both men to St Mary’s Hospital in Newport.

hiowaaairambulanceblueskyIsland Echo understands 1 of the men is to be transferred to Salisbury for urgent treatment to his burnt hand.

Emergency teams left the scene by 15:30.

UPDATE @ 18:10 – It has been confirmed that a man has been flown by air ambulance to the specialist burns hospital Odstock in Salisbury this afternoon.

The second man involved in the incident is being observed at St Mary’s Hospital and is expected to be discharged later on today.

Article continues below this advertisement

Comment on this story

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets