PAN LEFT ON STOVE FILLS PROPERTY WITH SMOKE IN NEWPORT

Hampshire & Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service are in attendance at a property in Newport this morning (Wednesday), where a pan left on a stove has filled the house with smoke.

2 appliances from Newport and East Cowes are on scene at Whitepit Lane having been called out at just before 10:55. The alarm was raised by neighbours when smoke was seen issuing from the house, alongside the sounding of an alarm.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus have entered the kitchen of the property and safely removed the pan. Positive pressure ventilation is now being used to rid smoke from the property.

Article continues below this advertisement

No one is thought to have been injured in the incident with the property empty at the time. It’s understood the occupier

The one-way road is partially blocked by the appliances. Motorists are advised to divert locally.

A further appliance from Ryde was also mobilised to the incident but was stood down en-route.

Article continues below this advertisement
The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
2 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Islander
Islander
13 days ago

Was this an over reaction?
Two days ago my elderly neighbour did the same thing, the smoke alarm was going and there was a lot of smoke in the house. I turned off the cooker, silenced the alarm and opened windows and doors back and front. The smoke soon cleared and all was well. We didn’t need 3 fire engines !!! And it didn’t cost the tax payer anything .

Alan
Alan
Reply to  Islander
12 days ago

The house was empty.

Football Betting Site Betway
 

Join our daily newsletter

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets