KITCHEN FIRE NEAR SHORWELL OUT ON ARRIVAL

A kitchen fire at a rural property near Shorwell prompted an emergency response from Newport and Shanklin firefighters this evening (Tuesday).

2 appliances were mobilised to Kingston Road – which runs between Shorwell and Chale – at 17:47

However, the first crew on scene were able to quickly confirm that the grill pan fire had thankfully been extinguished by the homeowner.

Article continues below this advertisement

Both crews have now stood down from the incident having conducted a through inspection of the dwelling.

Did you know the majority of house fires occur in the kitchen? For safety information concerning cooking and kitchen appliances visit https://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/keeping-safe/loveyourhome/firehazards/kitchen/.

 

Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.

Article continues below this advertisement

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
 

Join our daily newsletter

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets