The Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service mobilised to reports of a street light on fire in Cowes earlier on today (Thursday).
A single appliance from Cowes Fire Station was called out at 16:38 following a 999 call reporting a street light on fire on Birmingham Road.
However, upon arrival of the retained crew, it was discovered the fire was actually related to a Christmas-style light decoration attached to the lamp post. The electrical fire was already out.
Island Roads was made aware of the incident and sent out operatives to make the street light safe.
Crews returned to their home station on Victoria Road shortly afterwards.