As first reported by Island Echo, firefighters from Ventnor Fire Station were called to a residential property on West Street, Wroxall shortly before 17:00.
Eye witnesses have told Island Echo how they saw flames coming from the chimney stack.
Thankfully, the home owner was able to extinguish the fire ahead of the arrival of the local fire appliance.
Do you follow Island Echo on Facebook?
Get access to exclusive news, photos, videos and merchandise by becoming a supporter through Facebook Subscriptions! Find out more at https://www.facebook.com/becomesupporter/309220432954/