Breaking News

TUMBLE DRYER FIRE AT SHANKLIN PROPERTY

tumberdryerfiregarageshanklin5UPDATED WITH VIDEO: Two appliances from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service are attending a fire in a garage at a property in Shanklin this afternoon (Wednesday). 

Crews from Ryde and Shanklin were called to the address on Collingwood Road at 15:02 following reports that a tumble dryer had caught fire.

tumberdryerfiregarageshanklin3Two main jets and a hose reel are being used to tackle the blaze, which has severely damaged the detached building.

Article continues below this advertisment

UPDATE @ 16:05 – The fire has been extinguished and contained to the garage.

Firefighters have used a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots and are damping down the area.

UPDATE @ 16:42 – One appliance from Shanklin remains on the scene.

tumberdryerfiregarageshanklin7

Comment on this story

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets