Breaking News

ONE TREATED AFTER RYDE FLAT FIRE


firenightA man has been treated for the effects of smoke inhalation overnight following a property fire in Ryde.

Fire crews were called to Castle Street in the town just before 00:45 this morning (Tuesday) following reports of a fire in a flat.

Three appliances from Ryde and Newport raced to the scene, where it was discovered a cooking stove in the kitchen was to blame for the blaze, which was extinguished by firefighters using breathing apparatus and a hose reel.

Article continues below this advertisement

Paramedics from the Isle of Wight Ambulance Service dealt with the occupant of the property, a 20-year-old male, at the scene although it is understood the man was reluctant to receive treatment.

Fire crews closed the incident in under an hour.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times. data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets