With more than 12,500 sq ft of space, the 2-storey freehold premises at Riverway, Newport is among 135 lots being sold by regional land and property auctioneers Clive Emson. The former business centre has a guide price of £600,000-650,000.
Rob Marchant, the Island’s auctioneer, said:
“This is the former NatWest bank branch and business centre, on a 0.73-acre site, with supporting offices, meeting rooms and storage areas.
“We are advised that the building was originally constructed as a furniture factory and showroom, indicating that the site may be suitable for a number of future commercial uses, subject to planning consents.”
Other properties going under the hammer…
• There is planning permission for the conversion of the upper parts of 48 High Street, Newport into 2 flats. The leasehold guide for the upper 2 storeys of the 3-storey building is £70,000-80,000.
• Nearly an acre of freehold land at Chillerton Farm Barns, Chillerton is guided freehold at £10,000+. It includes the estate access road and a parcel of open land to the north of a development of 5 houses.
• A 7-bedroom house at 10 Old Westminster Lane, Newport has a freehold guide of £200,000-220,000, a drop in price of £30,000. On a good size plot, there are gardens and off-road parking.
• Guided freehold at £300,000+, a ‘substantial and attractive’ Georgian property at 22 George Street, Ryde comprises a 3-bedroom flat and former offices over the upper 2 floors.
• A building plot at Fishbourne Lane has planning permission in perpetuity and is guided freehold at £130,000-150,000. The 0.22-acre site has consent for a detached house to be built.
• With 2 bedrooms, a second-floor flat at 3 Northwood Place, Terminus Road, Cowes is guided at £75,000+s. The 199-year lease dates from 1979. The property requires ‘some refurbishment and upgrading’.
Clive Emson’s regional auction takes place at 11:00 on Friday 14th June at the Solent Hotel & Spa, Rookery Avenue, Whiteley, near Portsmouth.