One pumping appliance was called to Trafalgar Road at the junction with Nelson Road in the town at around 22:20 following reports of a small chimney fire.
Crews tackled the flames, however a thermal imaging camera revealed there was still significant heat coming from the chimney breast resulting in the Aerial Ladder Appliance attending the incident.
The road was closed in both directions throughout the incident, however was reopened shortly before 01:00 after firefighters removed a wood burning stove and successfully extinguished the fire.
Do you follow Island Echo on Facebook?
Get access to exclusive news, photos, videos and merchandise by becoming a supporter through Facebook Subscriptions! Find out more at https://www.facebook.com/becomesupporter/309220432954/