CHIMNEY FIRE TACKLED IN NEWPORT

Published at:

ALPnelsonroadFirefighters from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service tackled a chimney fire at a residential property in Newport last night (Monday).

One pumping appliance was called to Trafalgar Road at the junction with Nelson Road in the town at around 22:20 following reports of a small chimney fire.

Crews tackled the flames, however a thermal imaging camera revealed there was still significant heat coming from the chimney breast resulting in the Aerial Ladder Appliance attending the incident.

Article continues below this advertisement

The road was closed in both directions throughout the incident, however was reopened shortly before 01:00 after firefighters removed a wood burning stove and successfully extinguished the fire.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"
Football Betting Site Betway
 

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets