The restrictions are in place on:
– Mersley Downs Road (from Downend Road to Knighton Shute)
– Downend Road
– Briddlesford Road (from Downend Road to Gravel Pit Lane)
– Long Lane (from Newport to Robin Hill Roundabout)
– A3056 Arreton Street/Sandown Road from Arreton Village to near Gore Cemetery
– Rowlands Lane from Stroudwood Road to Mersley Downs Road.
Motorists should be aware that no stopping or parking will be permitted on the roads, lay-bys and verges where the clearway restriction is in operation during the above dates. Any car that is found to be parked within the clearway restriction will be towed away.
Rowlands Lane is one-way only between Havenstreet and Downend Road until 22:00 Sunday evening, when the one-way direction will change to the opposite direction.
Officers from Hampshire Constabulary’s Isle of Wight Roads Policing Unit (RPU) will be actively patrolling the area.
Do you follow Island Echo on Facebook?
Get access to exclusive news, photos, videos and merchandise by becoming a supporter through Facebook Subscriptions! Find out more at https://www.facebook.com/becomesupporter/309220432954/