This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Monday 8th March – Friday 12th March 2021
• Dean McGuire, 46, of Kings Road in East Cowes, pleaded guilty to drink driving (109). He was disqualified from driving for 2 years and ordered to complete 150 hours of unpaid work with 10 rehabilitation days. He must also pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Joshua Troy Cowley, 30, of Coronation Road in Cowes, was fined £90 for 3 counts of breaching a restraining order. He was ordered to take part in a ‘building better relationships’ rehabilitation activity and pay costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge.
• Terence Wayne Perkins, 35, of South Street in Ventnor, pleaded guilty to criminal damage. He was made subject to a community order with an alcohol treatment requirement for 6 months.
• Aiden Bryan James Aisher, 28, of Heatherfield Road in Freshwater, was found guilty of 2 counts of assault by beating. Hee was ordered to pay £100 compensation and carry out 250 hours of unpaid work, as well as paying costs of £230 with a £95 surcharge.
• Elliott Joel Hegarty, 35, of Fitzroy Street in Sandown, admitted failing to provide a specimen of blood. He was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge. He was fined a further £160 for failing to surrender to bail, twice.
• Keira Levy, 20, of Perowne Way in Sandown, was fined £200 for assaulting 2 emergency workers in the county of Gloucester. Levy was also ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Martin William Farren, 50, care of Solent Gardens in Freshwater, was found guilty of resisting arrest. He was fined £120 and ordered to pay £146 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Richard Leslie Hicks, 39, of Whitecross Avenue in Shanklin, admitted driving without due care and attention. He was fined £200, given 9 penalty points and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Rebecca Lauren Tuckey, 25, of Hookes Way in Newport, pleaded guilty to drink driving (46). She was given 10 penalty points and fined £80, as well as being ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Mark Andrew Eastman, 34, of Queens Road in Shanklin, admitted drink driving (91). He was disqualified from driving for 36 months, fined £1,250 and told to pay costs of £85 with a £125 surcharge. No separate penalty was given for the effect of driving with bald tyres.
• Jamie Stephen Bunce, 45, of Sunset Close in Freshwater, was fined £240 for assaulting a Police officer and using threatening/abusive/insulting words or behaviour to cause harassment, alarm or distress. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Gary Davis Clarke, 49, of Park Rise in Sandown, was handed a 12 month conditional discharge for the offence of resisting arrest. He was told to pay £200 costs with a £22 surcharge.
• Kazm Saed, 25, care of Romford Road in Ilford, pleaded guilty to driving whilst disqualified. He was given 6 penalty points and ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work, as well as paying costs of 385 with a £95 surcharge. No separate penalty was given for driving without insurance.
Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.