This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Monday 15th February – Friday 19th February 2021
• Mack Alexander, 23, of Clatterford Road in Carisbrooke, was ordered to pay £50 compensation and carry out 200 hours of unpaid work for assaulting an emergency worker, namely Police Constable Emery, and damaging a Police cell. He was also ordered to pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Matthew Derek Baughan, 31, of Leyton Road in Southampton, pleaded guilty to criminal damage, namely to a 42-inch flat screen TV. He was ordered to pay £600 compensation and costs of £85.
• Jason Malcolm White, 39, of Mill Field in Welwyn Garden City, pleaded guilty to drink driving (147) and driving without insurance. He was handed an interim disqualification from driving and the case was adjourned to St Albans Magistrates Court on 20th April 2021.
• Courtney Lucas, 22, of Lowtherville Road in Ventnor, was ordered to complete 15 days of rehabilitation and pay costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge for the offence of assaulting an emergency worker, namely Police Constable Hersey.
• Clive Stewart Richardson, 46, of East Hill Road in Ryde, was disqualified from driving for 6 months and fined £160 after pleading guilty to driving whilst disqualified, driving without insurance and driving without an MOT. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Lucy Anne Newton, 45, of Sandown Road in Shanklin, admitted drink driving (43). She was disqualified from driving for 14 months, fined £80 and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge.
• Louisa Tagart, 29, of Brickfield Lane in Totland, pleaded guilty to drink driving (223 in blood). She was disqualified from driving for 26 months, ordered to carry out 80 hours of unpaid work and pay costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge.
• Matthew Crosland, 41, of Park Road in Cowes, was fined £200 for producing a controlled drug of Class B – cannabis (4 plants). He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £34 surcharge. The cannabis plants were ordered to be destroyed.
• Penny Harman, 52, of Grange Road in Sandown, was given a 15-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, for a public order offence causing fear for a child’s safety. Magistrates heard that a knife was involved and Harman was in drink. The offence was committed whilst subject to a community order. She was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £128 surcharge.