Breaking News

KITCHEN FIRE AT EAST COWES HOME

IMG_5319.JPGUPDATED: Firefighters from Newport and East Cowes are this afternoon (Friday) attending a kitchen fire at a property in East Cowes. 

Four breathing apparatus and two hose reels are being used to tackle the blaze at a semi-detatched dwelling on Victoria Grove.

Crews were called to the scene at 15.10.

Article continues below this advertisment

UPDATE @ 15:50 – The fire has been extinguished by fire crews.

IMG_5315.JPGParamedics from the Isle of Wight Ambulance Service are on scene and are checking over one person, who has escaped serious injury.

UPDATE @ 16:05 – One female has been given the all clear by paramedics having been checked over at the scene as a precaution for smoke inhalation.

Crews are now making up and are due to leave the scene shortly.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and was a result of a cooking incident. The property had a working smoke alarm.

Comment on this story

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets