Breaking News

FIRE CREWS CALLED TO SMOKE FILLED BEDROOM

20131010-210010.jpg

UPDATED: Fire crews from Sandown and Shanklin remain at a property near Lake Hill this evening after a bedroom became filled with smoke prompting a 999 call.

Initially three fire appliances were dispatched to the semi-detached house on The Fairway shortly before 20:00 following reports of a bedroom full of smoke.

Article continues below this advertisement

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property and tackled the blaze.

Two appliances remain on the scene and are working with the homeowners to establish the cause of the fire.

No one has been injured in the incident. The road remains open.

UPDATE @ 21:15 – Fire crews have now left the scene.

In other news… One pumping appliance from Ryde Fire Station was called to tackle a bin fire outside Ryde Youth Center in the Upper High Street shortly before 20:15. No injuries reported and the small fire was extinguished quickly.

Article continues below this advertisement

Comment on this story

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets