Breaking News

ELECTRICAL SOCKET PROMPTS FIRE TURNOUT


bridgewoodFirefighters from Ryde were called to a block of flats in the town earlier this morning (Friday) after reports of burning were received.

Two appliances turned out to Bridgewood flats on St John’s Wood Road at the junction of Park Road shortly before 11:25. A 999 call was received reporting a burning smell from an electrical socket in a communal hallway.

Investigations were carried out to discover a fire in a light switch before the scene was made safe. It is understood one person was advised to leave the building as a precaution, however this was later not necessary.

Article continues below this advertisement

Fire crews left the scene less than 30 minutes later.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times. data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets