DON’T PUT PETROL ON THE BBQ SAY FIRE SERVICE AFTER RYDE CALL OUT

Published at:

Firefighters from Ryde have attended a small BBQ fire in the town this afternoon (Sunday), prompting a safety message to be issued by the control room.

1 appliance was mobilised to Castle Street at around 16:50.

It has since transpired that the crew were responding to a BBQ fire at a residential address.

Article continues below this advertisement

Hampshire Fire Control have said “do not put petrol on a BBQ!”, suggesting that those hosting the Sunday afternoon nibbles did exactly that.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
8 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Rog

Don’t put it on the bonfire either.

Dog

You’d have to be completely brain dead to do that.

Martin (Ryde)

Sausages for brains!

Remus

Idiots !

Mary Jamerson

Bert put old sump oil from the Anglia on a bonfire to light it once many years ago. It worked but black smoke didn’t half make him unpopular with our neighbours. Stunk the road out.

Mary

Well it was Ryde say no more !!!

Bill Jones

Well that was a typical “Mary” statement. The low life of the IOW spoon in the mouth troll

robert russell

Petrol is EXPLOSIVE. Tell your children !

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"
Football Betting Site Betway
 

Join our daily newsletter

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets