Breaking News

CHIP PAN FIRE SPARKS LATE NIGHT SHOUT


firenightUPDATED: One person was treated for smoke inhalation following a chip pan fire in Totland late last night (Tuesday).

Three pumping appliances from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service were called to a property at The Broadway shortly before 23:45, where it was discovered that there was a chip pan fire in the kitchen.

Paramedics from the Isle of Wight Ambulance Service treated a woman for smoke inhalation following the small blaze, which was extinguished by 00:15 this morning.

Article continues below this advertisement

UPDATED @ 09:50 – Island Echo understands  three neighbouring properties, occupied by families with young children, had to be evacuated onto the street during the incident.

It is understood that the fire was caused by a drunken accident.

 

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times. data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets