Isle of Wight Festival Latest News

CARBON MONOXIDE WARNING


tentnightcarbonfestivalThe carbon monoxide from a badly adjusted camping light or stove can kill – That is the message from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service this coming Festival weekend. 

The information has been published to help prevent a tragedy as thousands of campers descend on Newport this weekend for the Isle of Wight Festival.

Anyone camping this weekend should remember:

Article continues below this advertisement

– Make sure your camping light and stove are clean and properly adjusted
– Never take a portable barbecue – or lit carcoal – into an enclosed space like a tent or caravan
– Make sure exhaust from generators is properly vented away from occupied areas
– Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, odourless, highly posionouise gas that can kill in minutes
– Carbon Monoxide posioning can be caused by ANY feuel that burns or smoulders
– Watch out for the symptoms – • Mild headache • Dizziness • Nausea • Vomiting • Fatigue • Drowsiness

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times. data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets