The restrictions are in place on:
– Mersley Downs Road (from Downend Road to Knighton Shute)
– Downend Road
– Briddlesford Road (from Downend Road to Gravel Pit Lane)
– Long Lane (from Newport to Robin Hill Roundabout)
– A3056 Arreton Street/Sandown Road from Arreton Village to near Gore Cemetery
– Rowlands Lane from Stroudwood Road to Mersley Downs Road.
These restrictions are necessary in the interests of road safety. Motorists should be aware that no stopping or parking will be permitted on the roads, lay-bys and verges where the clearway restriction is in operation during the above dates. Any car that is found to be parked within the clearway restriction will be towed away.
Officers from Hampshire Constabulary’s Roads Policing Unit (RPU) will be actively patrolling the area.