Breaking News

MAN TREATED FOR SMOKE INHALATION AFTER FIRE

Isle of Wight Fire & Rescue LogoA man has been treated for the effects of smoke inhalation this morning (Sunday) following a small fire at a Shanklin restaurant.

Firefighters from Sandown and Newport were called to the scene at Decades Steak and Seafood Restaurant in Shanklin High Street just before 09:30 following reports of a kitchen fire.

Crews have ventilated the property near to the Old Village, with one appliance having now returned to station.

Article continues below this advertisement

The fire was out on arrival after being successfully tackled by a member of staff.

Paramedics from the Isle of Wight Ambulance Service also attended the incident.

Comment on this story

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets

/* ]]> */