The Isle of Wight Triathlon Club had 19 of its members – and 4 of their coaches – competing at the recent Hever Castle Triathlon in Kent.
Always a club season closer, the Isle of Wight Triathlon Club competed in the sprint, super sprint and Olympic triathlons, as well as the sprint and standard duathlon distances and the tri star/youth races.
With 6 members taking top 5 positions it was a good weekend showing how hard they all worked over the season. Superstar coach Simon Pilcher gained a GBR European duathlon place for 2022 for his efforts.
The top performers were:
- Millie Williams – 2nd – Senior sprint duathlon
- Billy Williams 5th – Senior super sprint triathlon –
- Benjamin Van der Helstraete – 4th – Youth Triathlon
- Lottie-Rose Van der Helstraete – 2nd – Senior Sprint Triathlon
- Simon Pilcher – 2nd – Standard Duathlon
- Darren Cole – 5th – Standard Duathlon
Needless to say, the stars of the weekend were 4 of the club’s younger members competing in their first tri star category triathlons – the chilly 13c lake didn’t put them off and all competed brilliantly and keen for the 2022 season to start.
Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.