Two appliances from Ryde and Newport are currently in attendance at the High Street, where it is understood a garage has caught fire.
Fire crews, who were called to the scene at around 10:20, are wearing breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.
One person is suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.
Paramedics from the Isle of Wight Ambulance Service are currently attending to at least one of the homeowners, who is suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation. A woman is being treated for shock.
The fire broke out in a wooden garage that is attached to the High Street home, however has not spread. The fire has been extinguished.
Traffic is delayed in both directions.
First photograph thanks to Rob Arnold Photography
Don’t forget to follow the Island’s news as it happens…