Breaking News



Fire crews from Freshwater,Yarmouth and Newport are this afternoon attending a house fire in Heytesbury Road, Yarmouth.

The blaze is understood to be located under floorboards in the family bathroom. Emergency services were called shortly before 14:20.

Article continues below this advertisement

UPDATE: One person has been treated for smoke inhalation by the Isle of Wight Ambulance Servicde.

A faulty sanding machine has been blamed as the cause of the fire.

One crew remain on the scene

UPDATE @ 15:00 – Crews have now left the scene.

Article continues below this advertisement
The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times. data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets