10 Wight Tri members participated in the Brading 10km road race on Sunday.
The conditions saw the temperatures reach 27c at Smallbrook Stadium as 142 competitors tackled the undulating country lanes with a few tight turns along the way.
Natalie Ellen came home as the 1st lady with a fantastic course record time of 00:38:49, placing 13th overall as well as 1st senior female. Together with Lucy Doorly and Liz Dunlop, Wight Tri placed 2nd in the female team rankings whilst Liz also came 1st in her age category (F55).
There were 7 male competitors representing Wight Tri. First home for the men was Tom George followed by Sean Williams and Craig Wilson, who all placed within the Top 20. Tom claimed the third M40 whilst Sean and Craig placed 2nd and 4th M50, respectively. These great performances ensured the men’s team came fourth in the team rankings.
Members are now looking forward to events in the coming weeks, including many who be taking part in the Ryde 10 road race later this month on 27th June.
Brading 10km – Wight Tri Results
- Natalie Lawrence: 00:38:49 (1st SF; 1st F)
- Lucy Doorly: 00:50:36 (6th F35; 13th F)
- Liz Dunlop: 00:51:50 (1st F55; 15th F)
- Tom George: 00:39:18 (3rd M40; 14th M)
- Sean Williams: 00:40:15 (2nd M50; 15th M)
- Craig Wilson: 00:40:32 (4th M50; 17th M)
- Paul Martin: 00:44:25 (8th M50; 34th M)
- Joe Norman: 00:45:30 (11th M50; 38th M)
- Loic Le Floch 00:46:30 (12th M40; 45th M)
- Mike Kimber: 00:47:28 (15th M50; 49th M)
- Richard Bulmer: 00:50:17 (22nd M50; 69th M)