This is your weekly round-up of some of the latest court cases heard at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with Criminal Procedure Rule 5.8, as agreed by HMCTS and the Society of Editors and approved by the Lord Chancellor. Not all cases heard will appear on this round-up due to legal restrictions.
This article is published from official information issued by HM Courts and Tribunal Service and is covered by qualified privilege. Please note: names/details of convictions will not be removed from this article on the basis of the convicted individual or their families requesting such action.
Monday 19th July – Friday 23rd July 2021
• Lewis Jay Cameron, 21, of Medeway in Lake was given a 6 month prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, following a series of planned thefts. He was ordered to complete 20 rehabilitation days and pay £719.75 compensation.
• Rodney Phillip Travis, 38, of Green Street in Ryde, was given a 12-month conditional discharge for possession of a Class A drug (cocaine) and commission of a further offence whilst subject to a conditional discharge. He was ordered to pay a £22 surcharge.
• Daniel Farrell, 44, of Spanners Close in Chale, was made subject to a 12-month community order with 40 hours of unpaid work for breach of a non-molestation order. He was ordered to pay £85 costs with a £95 surcharge.
• Nino Cavanagh, 28, of Kestrel Way in Carisbrooke pleaded guilty to using threatening/abusive/insulting words or behaviour with intent to cause fear of violence. He was given a 12-month community order with 40 hours unpaid work and ordered to pay £85 costs.
• Scott Cooper, 32, of Leed Street in Sandown admitted common assault of an emergency worker. He was ordered to pay £50 compensation, £85 costs and fined £120. There was no separate penalty for the possession of a Class B drug (cannabis).
• Regan Gandy, 30, of Trafalgar Road in Newport pleaded guilty to drug driving (cannabis). She was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £120 and ordered to pay £85 with a £34 surcharge.
• Ashley White, 24, of Slade Road in Ryde, pleaded guilty to using threatening/abusive words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. He was fined £40 and ordered to pay costs of £85 with a £34 surcharge.
• Jared Lloyd, 23, of Windmill Close in Ryde admitted drink driving on an e-Scooter (111). He was disqualified from driving for 26 months, ordered to complete 40 hours of unpaid work and pay costs of £85 with a £95 surcharge.