Breaking News

HEATER FIRE IN SHANKLIN

Firefighters from Sandown, Shanklin and Newport have attended a fire at a property in Shanklin this evening (Friday).

Three appliances were called to a residential property on the High Street shortly before 19:40 following reports of a heater on fire, however the blaze was out upon arrival of fire crews.

No one has been injured in the incident, however ventilation has been used to clear smoke from the flat.

Article continues below this advertisement

Two appliances from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service left the scene shortly after 20:00.


Do you follow Island Echo on Facebook?
Get access to exclusive news, photos, videos and merchandise by becoming a supporter through Facebook Subscriptions! Find out more at https://www.facebook.com/becomesupporter/309220432954/

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets