Breaking News

BURNING EMBERS SPARK HOUSE FIRE FEARS

Two appliances from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service have this morning (Monday) responded to reports of a house fire in Ryde.

Crews from Ryde Fire Station were mobilised to Great Preston Road shortly before 10:30 following 999 reports of smoke issuing from a property.

Upon arrival of crews it was discovered that discarded embers from a log burner had caused a small fire in an alleyway between two houses.

Article continues below this advertisment

The fire was extinguished and both crews left the scene at 10:45, and returning to nearby Ryde Fire Station.

Comment on this story

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets