Local Community News

YOUNG FAMILY SAFE AFTER PORCH FIRE

fireappliancenightA young family have escaped injury after an electrical fire broke out in the porch of their Gunville home yesterday evening (Monday).

Contingency fire crews – turning out from Drill Hall Road in Newport – were called to the family home on Gunville Road at around 17:30 following a 999 call reporting a fire.

Two appliances responded to the scene, where it was discovered a fuse board had set alight. The scene was made safe by the non-FBU firefighters.

Article continues below this advertisment

Thankfully, there was no damage to the property however a few items have become smoke damaged.

Comment on this story

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets