Members of the public are welcome to attend and papers are available on the Trust’s website at www.iow.nhs.uk under the about us section. The direct link is http://www.iow.nhs.uk/about-us/our-trust-board/2014-board-papers.htm.
The meeting will be preceded at 09:00 with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Friends of St. Mary’s Hospital and Isle of Wight NHS Trust.
Items on the agenda include:
- Recognition of staff achievements including the Employee of the Month award.
- Updates and reports from the Trust Chairman, Chief Executive, Executive Medical Director and Executive Director of Nursing and Workforce.
- Performance of the Trust across all areas including ambulance, community, hospital and mental health services reported in the Trust performance report.
- Review of the recent Trust’s Quality Improvement Plan developed in response to the recent Care Quality Commission inspection and reports.
- Safeguarding and Looked after Children Annual Report 2013-2014.
- Feedback from patients and staff including actions from ward and clinic visits by Board members, and filmed patient feedback.
- Approval of Patient Council representatives to the Charitable Funds Committee.
Mark Price, Company Secretary and FT Programme Director at Isle of Wight NHS Trust, said:
“We encourage members of the Trust members, the public, staff and anyone with an interest in the Island’s health service to attend our Trust Board meetings to see how the local NHS is governed. Although this is not a ‘public meeting’ at which anyone can speak members of the public are invited to send questions in before the meeting to [email protected].”
The next meeting of the Trust Board following this meeting will be on Wednesday 3rd December 2014.