The survey – which can be found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/budget_engagement – is among a series of consultation exercises being undertaken by the council as it prepares its budget choices for 2015/2016 and future years.
Also being staged over the next two months are a variety of public forums, taking place at the following venues across the Island:
- Wednesday 12th November – Newport – Riverside Centre, The Quay.
- Thursday 13th November – Ryde – George Street Centre, George Street.
- Monday 17th November – Freshwater – All Saints’ School, School Green Road.
- Tuesday 18th November – Cowes – UKSA, Arctic Road.
- Monday 24th November – Ventnor – St Francis School, Newport Road.
- Wednesday 3rd December – Sandown – Main Hall, Broadway Centre.
- Thursday 11th December – East Cowes Town Hall, York Avenue.
- Monday 15th December – Shanklin – Shanklin Theatre, Prospect Road.
Each event starts at 18:30 and finishes at 20:30.
Council leader, Councillor Ian Stephens, said:
“I would strongly encourage as many people as possible to contribute to this online survey. We are tasked with making savings of approximately £13.5 million next year – and with government grant support reducing and demands on our services increasing, we are faced with some difficult and challenging choices.
“The online survey will help give residents the chance to tell us what services are most important to them so that we can prioritise our limited resources where they are most needed.”
Paper copies of the survey will be available on request from council help centres and libraries.
The online survey closes on 17th December.