Police are investigating reports of several thefts from the two East Wight areas last Tuesday and Wednesday (25th & 26th August).
PCSO Tracey Hinde from Newport said:
“Please be advised that all buildings and motor vehicles should be secured and no items should be left on visible display”.
UPDATE 7TH SEPTEMBER: Further information has been released about the spate of thefts, with three males being sought in relation to the offences.
On 24th August a total of 7 Apple products and a purse were stolen from a property in Seaview.
The following day, on 25th August:
• Cash was stolen from a vehicle on Ducie Avenue between midnight and 09:00
• A break-in was attempted on a vehicle in Love Lane at 02:35
• Cash was stolen and several vehicles broken into on Mill Road between 00:45 – 01:45
• A HTC phone, black wallet and a yellow Winnie the Pooh purse was stolen from car in a garage on Love Lane between 01:30 – 09:00
• A burglary was attempted on a property on Ducie Avenue where homeowners discovered a screwdriver in the French doors and other tools outside