Following the opening of its first branch in Newport this summer, Enterprise Rent-A-Car has teamed up with the Isle of Wight’s most talented artists and photographers to showcase the Island’s remote and little known locations.
Enterprise has commissioned seven artists for the project, asking them to capture ‘what encapsulates the Isle of Wight?’. The works of art will be displayed in two of the Island’s guest houses, The Caledon and the Newport Quay Hotel.
In addition, the pieces will be part of an article on the Island for the Enterprise Magazine. Created by Enterprise, the Magazine features unique road trip itineraries, highlighting the best attractions en route for keen explorers to discover on the road.
The artists working on the project are:
- Jason Swain, a photographer whose work captures wintery coastal landscapes
- Lisa Traxler, an expressive artist who portrays emotion and a sense of self in her pieces
- Murray Ince, a painter whose pieces draw on his boyhood memories of caving, rock pooling and fishing
- Zoe Barker, a photographer who has exhibited across the South and Southwest
- Alistair Riley, whose artwork is inspired by his journeys to more remote parts of the Island
- Charlie James, whose previous work includes capturing the history, wildlife and wetlands of Newton
- Paul Hewson, a watercolour landscape painter
Paul Smith, a General Manager at Enterprise Rent-A-Car said:
“We’ve only had a branch on the island for a short while but it is already evident that this is a magical and unique place to visit. It’s wonderful to be behind such a creative project. The artists we have spoken to all bring a unique perspective and approach to the qualities that encapsulate the Island.
“We’re excited to see what each of the artists produce and you can expect some very imaginative and inspirational pieces.
Article continues below this advertisement
“Wherever we operate our business, we are always committed to working and supporting the local community. As with other inspirational places, it was immediately clear that there is a vibrant artistic community here, and that we could work together to capture the spirit of the island as a great destination for holidaymakers.”
Enterprise opened its branch in Newport in July. Conveniently located on Crocker Street, it will serve all three major crossing points from the mainland.