Police have made available a portal for witnesses to upload photo and video evidence to as part of an investigation into the alleged rape of a 3-year-old girl at Fort Victoria Country Park in Yarmouth.
As previously reported by Island Echo, shortly after 15:00 on Monday 31st August, a 3-year-old toddler was seriously sexually assaulted in woodland.
A 60-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of rape, but has been bailed until 28th September.
Detective Chief Inspector Liam Davies said:
“We have previously appealed for anyone with Dash Cash footage, who drove into Fort Victoria Country Park via Westhill Lane between 11.30am and 4pm on Bank Holiday Monday, to get in touch.
“We continue to ask for this footage, and in addition would now like to hear from anyone who attended the country park between these times and took photographs or videos while they were there.
“Please take the time to check over your cameras and camera phones and upload anything you captured in the area that day to the portal provided, even if you feel it may not be of relevance.
“You may have inadvertently captured something, or someone, significant without realising it.
“We are continuing to investigate this offence as an absolute priority, and our dedicated investigators will take the time to review all of the material you provide us.”
Superintendent Sarah Jackson, District Commander for the Isle of Wight, said:
“I am, of course, aware of the concerns within the community following this incident, but please be reassured that we are doing everything we can to progress this investigation and follow every line of enquiry available to us.
“Incidents such as this are very rare and we will be ensuring we have additional patrols in the relevant locations. In addition to this, we will be working with our partners and local schools to address any concerns raised.
“As ever, please pass any information you have about this incident to the investigation team, and please refrain from speculating online while we seek to establish the full circumstances.”
Anyone with video footage or photographs from the area on 31st August – Bank Holiday Monday – can submit this to Police through the online portal at https://mipp.police.uk/operation/44HC20E11-PO1.
Anyone with information is asked to call Police on 101 quoting Operation July. Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.






















































































