The operator has just announced its festive timetable – including extended services to help get local people and visitors into town for celebrations, to reunite families on Christmas Day, and even to get them home on New Year’s Day.
Richard Tyldsley, General Manager at Southern Vectis, says:
“As ever, we are keen to encourage people to leave their cars at home and really enjoy Christmas and New Year with their friends and family. So, we are once again running routes 1,3,5,7 and 9 on Christmas Day, with a special timetable.
“All fares will remain the same over the festive period, allowing our customers to put their pennies towards those extra special presents.
“Access to bus services on Christmas Day is still a rarity across the UK – even for those living in London – so we’re very proud to offer one of the nation’s most comprehensive bus operations.
“The Southern Vectis team is very much looking forward to a fun but peaceful Christmas 2019 – and we hope our special timetable will help local passengers enjoy their festive period too.”
Southern Vectis is introducing a number of changes to its regular services throughout the festive period – from Christmas Day to New Years Day inclusive – and the full timetable is now available to view online at www.islandbuses.info.
Summary of seasonal service and Christmas Day timetable:
• Christmas Eve, Tuesday 24th December – normal Tuesday service
• Christmas Day, Wednesday 25th December – special service
• Boxing Day, Thursday 26th December – Sunday Service
• Friday 27th December – usual timetable, including nightbuses
• Saturday 28th December – usual timetable, including nightbuses
• Sunday 29th December – Sunday service
• Monday 30th December – normal Monday service
• New Year’s Eve, Tuesday 31st December – normal Tuesday service with nightbuses
• New Year’s Day, Wednesday 1st January – Sunday service
• Thursday 2nd January – normal timetable