ELECTRICAL FIRE IN ENGINE BAY OF VAN IN LAKE

Firefighters have extinguished an electrical fire in the engine bay of a Luton van in Lake this afternoon (Wednesday).

1 appliance from Shanklin was mobilised to outside Honor and Jeffrey Garden Centre between Lake and Apse Heath at around 15:00.

It has been confirmed that an electrical fire broke out in the engine bay of a van belonging to local charity Mountbatten.

Article continues below this advertisement

A hose reel was used to extinguish the small fire and the batteries were disconnected in the interests of safety.

Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
2 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Az-zahra Aziz
Az-zahra Aziz
1 year ago

Likely chaffed insulation on a main cable from the battery, or loose connections arcing causing heat.

If a smaller cable the fuse should have blown, unless some Joey had stuck a nail or baco foil in the place of the fuse.

Don't tell him pike.
Don't tell him pike.
Reply to  Az-zahra Aziz
1 year ago

You can’t help yourself can you .

 

Join our daily newsletter

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets