Featured on Alexa/Google Assist Latest News


A tumble dryer fire in East Cowes last Friday (3rd August) has prompted a safety warning from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service (IWFRS).

Crews attended a domestic property following reports of a fire within. Upon arrival crews discovered the tumble dryer was alight.

Investigations have found that a cigarette lighter had been left in an item of clothing. This had heated up in the drum and caused the fire.

Article continues below this advertisement

IWFRS are asking Island residents to check pockets before putting clothing in tumble dryers.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times. data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets