Islanders are being invited to a ‘Show Cancer the Red Card’ cancer awareness day at Sainsbury’s Newport on Thursday (11th October).
The event is being held at the Foxes Road supermarket between 09:30-16:30, offering information on health promotion, spotting the signs of cancer, accessing cancer screening services and the local support services available.
14 different charities and organisations will be in attendance on the day, each able to help those that may have concerns and require advice or support.
These groups include:
• IOW Healthwatch
• St Mary’s Hospital Breast Screening
• Carers Isle of Wight
• Wessex Voices
• Isle of Wight Clinical Commissioning Group
• Wessex Cancer Alliance
• Isle of Wight Trust
• Isle of Wight Wessex Cancer Trust
• Isle of Wight Council
• Mountbatten Hospice
• Applegate Breast Care Support Group
• ENT and Upper GI Cancer Support Group
• Skin Cancer Support Group
• Prostate Cancer Support Group