The next meeting of the Isle of Wight NHS Trust Board is to be held tomorrow (Wednesday 1st July) at 09:30 in the School of Health Studies at St Mary’s Hospital, with an AGM to be held later in the day.
Members of the public are welcome to attend and the papers are available on the Trust’s website at http://www.iow.nhs.uk/about-us/our-trust-board/2015-board-papers.htm.
Items on the agenda include:
- Recognition of staff achievements including the Employee of the Month award.
- Updates and reports from the Trust Chairman, Chief Executive, Executive Medical Director and Executive Director of Nursing and Workforce.
- Performance of the Trust across all areas including ambulance, community, hospital and mental health services reported in the Trust performance report.
- An update on the Trust’s Quality Improvement Plan developed in response to the Care Quality Commission inspection and reports.
- Reports from Serious Incidents Requiring Investigation
- Feedback from patients and staff including actions from ward and clinic visits by Board members, and filmed patient feedback.
The Annual General Meeting of the Trust also takes place later the same day. The event is scheduled from 17:00 at the Riverside Centre, Newport Quay, Newport. There will be presentations about the Trust, the award winning Wave project and a performance by the NHS Nightingales.
Everyone is welcome at the meeting which formally starts at 17:30 with an opportunity to view information stands and talk to members of the Trust Board before and after the event. The papers for the AGM can be found at http://www.iow.nhs.uk/about-us/our-trust-board/2015-board-papers.htm.
Mark Price, Company Secretary and FT Programme Director at Isle of Wight NHS Trust, said:
“We encourage members of the Trust, the public, staff and anyone with an interest in the Island’s health service to attend our Trust Board meetings and AGM to see how the local NHS is governed. Although the Trust Board meeting is not a ‘public meeting’ at which anyone can speak members of the public are invited to send questions in before the meetings to [email protected].”
The next meeting of the Trust Board following these meetings will be on Wednesday 2nd September 2015.