There’s no shortage of exciting things going on throughout October which will appeal to all tastes and age groups culminating in a wide range of fun events for families during the October half-term holiday.
Events during the month include:
- Festival of Light inspired by Diwali at Robin Hill – a electric woods themed light, colour and sound spectacular (evening between 29th Sept to 19th Oct and 29th October to 3rd November and all day between 20th Oct and 28th Oct (half term) the event is open all day)
- The Red Funnel Isle of Wight Literary Festival – now in its 7th year, the festival takes place over over 4 days and features a programme of over 60 speakers at Northwood House in Cowes between 11th-14th October. The rich and diverse line-up of speakers includes novelists, historians, correspondents, political figures and media presenters
- The Isle of Wight Classic Buses, Beer & Walks Weekend, 13th-14th October, is a fantastic classic bus pub tour around the Island with a few brisk walks added-in for good measure
- Island Con, the Island’s very own Comic Con is back from 20th-21st October 2018 at a new home in West Cowes with its celebration of pop culture with celebrities, comic books, films, TV, art, gaming, cosplay, kid’s attractions and general entertainment
- Harp on Wight, the Isle of Wight’s very own harp festival returns between 26th-30th October 2018 with concerts, lectures and teaching courses
- Junior Track Day at Wight Karting on 23rd, 24th and 30th October, with adrenaline fueled kart racing around a 520m all weather circuit
- For Halloween, kids and their parents will love Spooky Castle at Carisbrooke Castle from 20th – 28th October 2018, Wizard Week with the Isle of Wight Steam Railway from the 22rd – 26th October, a Jack Sparrow pirate ships at The Needles Old Battery at Alum Bay on 24th and 25th October, and new for 2018, Wicked Nights – a brand new horror event taking place at Blackgang Chine from 20th October to 3rd November.
Jonathan Green Red Funnel’s Marketing & Communications Director says:
“The Isle of Wight is brimming with things to do and places to visit this October. With the leaves turning colour and brisk walks along glorious coastline on offer, autumn is a superb time to visit with family and friends.
“With events ranging from the Red Funnel sponsored Isle of Wight Literature Festival to Island Con, there’s plenty of reasons to visit including some great travel deals which are available now between Southampton and the Island.”
For more information and to book please visit www.redfunnel.co.uk
• Don’t forget to Like us on Facebook to keep notified of the latest Isle of Wight news as it happens…