Islanders can expect to see fireworks reaching for the skies across the Isle this weekend as a series of celebratory events take place.
Bembridge Fireworks Night is being held tonight (Friday) in Steyne Park between 18:30-20:30. This year’s event, which is free, will have stalls in the community hall, food stalls outside, music and the bar will be open all night. Fireworks are due to be set off at 19:30.
Tomorrow (Saturday) sees plenty of choice for locals with displays at the following locations:
- Victoria Rec, Newport – Gates open at 16:45, entry £5
- Ryde Rotary Club Smallbrook Stadium – Gates open 18:00, entry £5
- Sandown Esplanade – Event starts at 18:00, free to attend (fireworks from Pier at 20:00)
- Ventnor Spyglass Inn – Fireworks at 19:30, free to attend
- Whitwell The White Horse – Bonfire and fireworks starting between 19:00-19:30
In Yarmouth, a Guy competition is being held in the square. The town’s celebrations get underway at 18:00 with the competition commencing at 18:30.