broadlandshousecarfireFirefighters from Newport tackled a car fire on the outskirts of the town this morning (Friday), the third vehicle fire in as many days.

One appliance from Newport Fire Station was called to Staplers Road shortly after 10:35 after a fire developed under the bonnet of a Silver Peugeot 307.

The occupants of the vehicle, a couple in their 40s, realised there was a problem and pulled into the crown offices at Broadlands House, where security guards used fire extinguishers to tackle the blaze before the arrival of the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service.

Article continues below this advertisement

Island Echo understand the small fire was caused by an electrical fault in the dashboard.

It follows a vehicle fire yesterday in Sandown that destroyed the front of a Land Rover Discovery and a fire in Shanklin on Wednesday that destroyed a Vauxhall Zafira.

Photos thanks to Mack The Strife 

Article continues below this advertisement

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
Football Betting Site Betway

Join our daily newsletter

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets