WASHING MACHINE FIRE SPARKS CALL OUT TO SANDOWN

Published at:

Firefighters from Sandown, Shanklin and Ryde have been called to a commercial property in Sandown this afternoon (Sunday) following reports of a washing machine fire.

2 pumping appliances and an aerial ladder platform were mobilised to Claremont House on Leed Street at around 14:45.

The incident has been quickly scaled back with Shanklin’s appliance and Ryde’s aerial ladder already returning to station.

Article continues below this advertisement

Sandown’s retained firefighters are now using positive pressure ventilation to clear smoke from the building having removed the household appliance.

The Isle of Wight Ambulance Service mobilised an Ambulance crew to the scene but they have now been released from the incident.

UPDATE – It has been confirmed that the appliance was smoking, but was not on fire.

Paramedics checked over the occupants of the property but they did not need any further treatment.

Article continues below this advertisement

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
Football Betting Site Betway
 

Join our daily newsletter

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets