TUMBLE DRYER FIRE IN FLAT ABOVE COWES RESTAURANT

Firefighters have worked to extinguish a tumble dryer fire in a flat above a restaurant in Cowes this morning (Tuesday).

4 appliances and an aerial ladder platform were mobilised to Gastronomy in the High Street at 06:19, with fears a fire had broke out within the commercial property.

The first crew on scene – Newport – were able to quickly confirm that the fire was in fact located in the 1st floor flat, resulting in the incident being scaled back to just 2 appliances.

Article continues below this advertisement

Breathing apparatus and a hose reel have been used to tackle the fire, which has now been extinguished. The stop message has been relayed.

Island Echo is told that the business is unaffected by this morning’s incident.

The pedestrianised part of the High Street between Market Hill and Town Quay is currently blocked, but is expected to re-open shortly.

Article continues below this advertisement

Don’t miss another story! Get the Island’s latest news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.
 

Join our daily newsletter

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets