Breaking News

THREE SUFFER SMOKE INHALATION AFTER FLAT FIRE.


 

THREE people have tonight suffered smoke inhalation after a flat fire in Ryde.

Firefighters were called shortly before midnight after reports of a kitchen fire at 7, Green Street in the town.

Article continues below this advertisement

Emergency services are currently on scene including three pumps from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service, as well as Police and paramedics.

Fire crews have entered the property using breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze, that is believed to have been contained to the kitchen area.

The road remains open to traffic this morning.

A pregnant neighbour was taken to St Mary’a Hospital for a check up due to the amount of smoke she had inhaled.

Article continues below this advertisement

 

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times. data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets