Breaking News First photos First reported by Island Echo

MATTRESS ON BONFIRE CAUSES CONCERN FOR NEIGHBOURS


2 appliances from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service have been called to a property in Sandown this evening (Wednesday) following a 999 call from concerned neighbours.

Crews from Bembridge and Sandown were called to Worcester Close off Perowne Way at around 20:40.

It has been confirmed that a bonfire in the rear garden of a property caused alarm when a mattress was added to it, causing a much bigger fire.

Article continues below this advertisement

Firefighters are currently using a hose reel to extinguish the small blaze.

The views/opinions expressed in these comments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Island Echo. House rules on commenting must be followed at all times.

3
Comment on this story

avatar
newest oldest most voted
West wighter
Guest
West wighter

Really!!
Obviously no common sense, they should be fined for stupidity.
Just can’t believe some people!!
Absolutely disgraceful……….??

Emma Dale
Guest
Emma Dale

The person with no common sense is you West Wighter . The term idiot springs and mind….

Patrick Hall
Guest
Patrick Hall

You can’t do that nipper !

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked"

News, Traffic & Travel Tweets