This is your round-up of the latest court news, covering some of the cases heard by the Isle of Wight Combined Court up until Friday 25th January 2019.
The convicted person’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with UK law.
Week to 25th January 2019
• Laura Ciampa-Buckley, 29, of Castle Close in Ventnor admitted drink driving at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court last Friday.
Ciampa-Buckley was sentenced to a 2-year driving ban, as well as a 12 month community order. She has also been told to complete 80 hours of unpaid work and pay £85 costs with a £85 surcharge.
• Dennis Barry Faulkner, 66, previously of Newport but now of Southend-on-sea, was found guilty of 2 counts of causing actual bodily harm, causing criminal damage and common assault at the Isle of Wight Crown Court this week.
Faulkner was given a 21 month prison sentenced, suspended for 2 years, and ordered to attend 30 rehabilitation days. He is now also subject to a 5-year restraining order and must attend a relationship programme.
• Kevin Greenwood, 39, of Godric Road, Newport has been sentenced to 12 weeks in prison, suspended for 12 months, for attempted burglary. He has received the same sentence – 12 weeks sentenced for 12 months – for going equipped.
Greenwood has also been ordered to pay £1,100 in compensation to Prices Garage.
• David Onions, 39, of Manor Crescent in Newport admitted assault by beating, assaulting a person occasioning them actual bodily harm and possessing an offensive weapon in a public place when he appeared before the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court today (Friday).
The case has been adjourned to the Isle of wight Crown Court for sentencing on 1st March.
• Benjamin Stuart Turner, 33, of Park Road in Ryde pleaded guilty to using threatening/abusive/insulting words/behaviour with intent to cause fear of/provoke unlawful violence before the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court last Friday.
Turner was given a 12 month community order and ordered to pay £85 costs with a £85 surcharge. He must also complete 40 hours of unpaid work with 15 days of rehabilitation.
• Daniel James Hawkes, 39 and his partner Nina Louise Hoskins, 33, of Newport pleaded guilty to assault by beating at the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court on Monday.
Both Hawkes and Hoskins were ordered to pay £150 each in compensation and complete 40 rehabilitation days as part of a community order.
• Malcolm Botham, 61, of New Street in Newport admitted criminal damage when he appeared before Magistrates on Tuesday.
Botham was given a 6-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £100 compensation after previously failing to correctly pay compensation as directed by Police, who had issued a conditional caution. He was also hit with £85 court costs with a £20 surcharge.
Don’t forget to follow the Island’s news as it happens…