This is your bi-weekly round up of the latest court news, covering some of the cases heard by the Isle of Wight Combined Court up until Friday 19th April 2019.
The defendant’s name, age, address and details of the charge(s) and sentence are published in accordance with UK law. If you feel there is an error, please email [email protected] at the first opportunity.
• Daniel Lee, 25, of no fixed abode (NFA) admitted resisting a Police officer in the execution of their duty when he appeared before the Isle of Wight Magistrates Court on Friday 5th April. Lee was fined £126 and ordered to pay £85 court costs with a £30 surcharge.
• Kevin Greenwood, 39, of Godric Road in Newport admitted 2 counts of burglary at the Isle of Wight Crown Court on Thursday 4th April. Greenwood was sentenced to 12 months in prison with an additional 12 weeks for breaching a suspended sentence.
• Greg Galpin, 26, of Nelson Road in Newport admitted driving a motor vehicle whilst over the prescribed limit – drink driving – when he appeared in front of Magistrates on 5th April. Galpin was banned from driving for 16 months and fined £120. He was also ordered to pay £85 court costs with a £30 surcharge.
• Darren Hawken, 49, of Oaklyn Gardens in Shanklin admitted making copyright articles for sale – DVDs – between 2004 and 2017 when he appeared before the Isle of Wight Crown Court on 4th April. He will be sentenced on 25th April.
• Phillip Mingay, 56, of George Street appeared before Magistrates on Tuesday 9th April charged with raping a female under 16 between 1977-1978. He denied the charge and the case has been adjourned to the Isle of Wight Crown Court on 20th May.